Founders of the RMP - reunited at the 2017 RMP Annual Meeting.
The RMP Annual Meeting is held every year in the fall. In 2017 the Annual Meeting celebrated the RMP's 25th anniversary, featuring a session on the Anniversary, followed by sessions on the Bay margins, nutrients, and contaminants of emerging concern. After the meeting there was a special Anniversary celebration, with sharing of many stories of the early days of the Program and group photos to recognize some of the hundreds of people that have made the RMP successful over its first quarter century. Photos from the meeting (including the group photos from the social), pdfs of the Powerpoint presentations, and recordings of the audio and slides for each session are available below.
RMP Annual Meeting 2017
October 6, 2017
Photos from the Meeting (under construction - for now see "Slideshow Images" below)
25th Anniversary (9:10am - 10:40am)
- An External Perspective - What Is Special About the RMP - Steve Weisberg, SCCWRP (PDF)
- Why Monitor? Answers from Decades of Sampling in San Francisco Bay - Jim Cloern, USGS (PDF)
- Linkage to Management Questions - Long-term Perspective - Karin North, City of Palo Alto (PDF)
Movin’ on Up - Bay Margins and Watersheds (11:00am - 12:15pm)
- The Critical Edge - Insights into Water Quality in the Bay Margins after 15 Years - Phil Trowbridge, SFEI (PDF)
- From a Trickle to a Flood: Measuring Pollutant Loads to Margin Areas and the Bay - Alicia Gilbreath, SFEI (PDF)
- How Slow Can You Go: PCB Lessons from San Leandro Bay - Don Yee, SFEI (PDF)
Nutrients (1:15pm - 2:30pm)
- Modeling Nutrients in San Francisco Bay: House of Cards or Crystal Ball? - Rusty Holleman, SFEI (PDF)
- What Controls Dissolved Oxygen in Lower South Bay, and Do the Fish Notice? - Lissa MacVean, SFEI (PDF)
- Monitoring Algal Toxins in San Francisco Bay: What Have We Learned About Their Occurrence and Potential Sources? - Morgaine McKibben, SFEI
CECs (2:50pm - 4:05pm)
- Per and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFASs) in San Francisco Bay: Synthesis and Strategy - Meg Sedlak, SFEI (PDF)
- Water Quality Monitoring 2.0: Using Non-Targeted Analysis to Find What We Have Been Missing - Jennifer Sun, SFEI (PDF)
- RMP Findings Lay the Foundation for Pollution Prevention - Kelly Moran, TDC Environmental
Related Projects, News, and Events:
The Annual Meeting of the Regional Monitoring Program for Water Quality in San Francisco Bay (RMP) will be held on Friday, October 7th, 2016 at the David Brower Center in Berkeley, CA from 9 AM to 4:10 PM. The theme of the meeting is “Science to Support Decision Making.” The meeting will feature presentations and discussion on contaminants of emerging concern, stormwater, sediment transport, contaminants in sport fish & margins sediment, and nutrients.